Technologies are transforming everything around us. Here’ a sneak at how the emerging technologies could create smart restaurants.
- Ordering – Mobile apps could let us book the tables and order the food while being away from the restaurant. Within restaurant, there could kiosk which could take the order. With voice recognition tech improving, why not voice orders or conversational interactions. Do not you like ordering your food through Alexa.
- Order processing – I believe there is high likelihood of kitchen work becoming automated in the near future. Chef feed in the instructions for recipe in machines (manufacturing lane) and machines repeat them for every order with the parameters (spice, salt, etc.) to adjust.
- Table service – We may not prefer a Robot serving us though it’s possible via tech.
- Order delivery – Drone would deliver the food in your roof top.
- Virtual Reality / Augumented Reality powered app would showcase how your food was prepared and how hygienic the kitchen was.
- Block chain based tech show the whole supply chain of raw materials used in making the recipe.
- “Restaurant as kiosk” would become more popular in crowded places such as malls.
Do you think of any other tech that would create an wow moment for restaurants?