Here’s an interesting report from Google on online behavior of Indians based on search trends in 2017. Read on if you are curious about knowing where digital India is heading.
- 400+ millions of Indian online. Of them 330+ millions use smartphone.
- Due to 4G (Thanks to Jio impact), non-metros and even rural population are getting online.
- Voice, Vernacular and Video drive non-metros and rural. 75% of non-English searches are in Hindi.
- Omnichannel experience driving sales. “Stores near me” type search becoming a part of retail shopping experience.
- Digital spend is expected to grow from current $40bn to $100bn by 2020.
- Online food ordering sector has now grown to 4 lakh average daily orders.
- 50% of video content are watched from 4G connection.