Here’s my definition of software architecture and Software Design.
Shared understanding on the system from the perspective of the key roles.
Activity that produces architecture meeting functional and operational business requirements.… read the rest. “Software Architecture and Software Design”
Insightful talk from Melisa on the secret sauce of culture Google invented to achieve high availability. We test if we are connected by hitting google.com. That’s the trust we’ve on Google.
- A role ‘Site Reliability Engineer’ (SRE) responsible
… read the rest. “How Google Does Planet-Scale Engineering for Planet-Scale Infra”
Uber follows micro services architecture catering to mobile and web apps. Here goes the key technologies in the stack. Please visit the links given under references for comprehensive listing.
- Multiple levels of APIs such as web, business layer.
… read the rest. “Uber’s technical stack (architecture)”
Just thought to record the horizontal scaling options I came across so far.
- Connected and stateless – Requests in this scenario are synchronous (connected), meaning request is processed immediately and response served. Till then connection to kept open. Servers are
… read the rest. “Horizontally scaling systems (Scale out)”
Architecture courtesy: acloud.guru
Sample AWS fault tolerant architecture in AWS demonstrated using wordpress deployment.
- Hosted in single region.
- 2 security groups setup in a VPC. One web facing – Web DMZ and other private – RDS security group.
- 2 Availability
… read the rest. “Sample fault tolerant deployment in AWS”
A good deck.
Big data architecture from AWS.
… read the rest. “Big data architecture patterns”
Achieving HA involves
- Avoiding single point of failure.
- Implementing heart beat to spot failures.
- Having hot (cold) standby cross zone or cross geo at every layer in the application. This could be achieved leveraging clustering or replication.
AWS reference architecture.… read the rest. “AWS reference architecture for High Availability”
Typical web application has load balanced web servers backed by application servers with databases. It’s natural to use CDN to cache content closer to the end-users. Inclusion of data store for binary content is certainly a good idea. We could … read the rest. “AWS reference architecture for web hosting”
AWS reference architecture for batch processing systems.… read the rest. “AWS batch processing architecture”
Minimalist AWS based architecture for content and media serving web apps.
Source: AWS reference architecture.… read the rest. “AWS Content & Media serving app architecture”
Draw AWS diagrams with Cloudcraft: Snap together components like EC2s and ELBs on an isometric grid
Source: Cloudcraft – Tools for AWS pros… read the rest. “Cloudcraft – Tools for AWS pros”
Interesting slide deck on microservices from Amazon expert.… read the rest. “Microservices at Amazon”