Great post on the IT architecture at dollar shave club.
E-commerce system typically involves the following sub-systems.
- Web front-end where customers make purchases.
- Check-out service (order management).
- Customer profiling and product marketing.
- Shipping (Distribution management).
- Product catalogue and pricing management.
- Inventory (warehouse) management.
- Supply chain management.
Check-out service… read the rest. “E-commerce system physical architecture (AWS reference)”
Key user journeys of ad serving systems.
- Serving ad.
- Click through.
- Publisher registration.
- Ad booking.
- Reporting (often, real time)
The below reference architecture focuses on the first 2.
- For achieving (3), we may need a dynamo db and another